Sunday, January 23, 2011

Giving daddy a hand

Perhaps some of you have read my posted story here as I told you last time in my previous blog.

At last, I have found myself useful by helping daddy in his work, though I am staying far from him. Two weeks ago, he requested me to buy components of Ford Ranger XL as he needed them to craft the pickup truck. He had to ask me to purchase those in Malaysia since there were no stocks available in Indonesia back then, and he had to wait delivery from Ford Thailand at the end of February! It was definitely too long for him to wait for the stock to arrive, and thus he decided to urge me to get the items overseas. Here’s the list of components he wanted me to buy:



I managed to have contact with Ford Malaysia and ordered those specified components my dad wanted to purchase. They needed to buy some time to prepare those spare parts and, at last, the stocks were available to be picked up three days later. Therefore, I took the components from Ford Malaysia dealer in Petaling Jaya. The items were as pictured below:


My uncle from Indonesia was visiting KL when I got the items from the dealer. Since my dad really wanted to get the items as soon as possible, he urged me to deliver those to my uncle. It was definitely very troublesome to ask my uncle to carry as the items had the total weight of around 7 to 8 kilograms! But thank God that he was willing to help us and managed to bring the items to my dad safely.         

From this, I leant how to be responsible in handling such task and able to make it within one week. Even though I got bad fever by the time my dad asked me to help him, I thank God that He made me able to accomplish it well. Furthermore, I learnt to look such assignment not as a burden, but as a challenge that I must complete.

Wishing all the best for my daddy with his work over there! ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment